Saturday, May 28, 2005

Sex, Lies... and company annual report

OK, let me just admit that the above title has nothing to do with what I have to say at all :) Hey, its catchy, and thought it would be a nice shock factor for a mundane friday posting!


Anyway, getting back on track..... let's just admit it. Sex in the office.... whether we like to admit it or not, is rampant. Full stop. That's the last time I am mentioning the word sex in this posting. Got your attention for 5 seconds didn't I ? :-))

I have presented my proposal for the company rescue plan to two different investors and hoping the meet the third today. I admit that time is of the essence and I would really like to see this come through. However, if I succeed in convincing the investor to come up with the money to save the company, I may have to move to the next painful step.... cutting down on the headcount. I have done this twice in my career and this time around, it will be very different as I am dealing with people who have been with the company for 30 years or so. The survival of the company totally depends on it being mean, at least for the first two years. Given the pedigree of its name in the market, I am confident of bringing the company up to the market leader position.


Still, need to get the funds in first....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home