Monday, June 06, 2005

Three Weddings and a headache...

Today, I have made a personal record of some sort. I attended three weddings back to back, and in the process actually travel a complete circle... Subang Jaya-LDP-Kelana Jaya-LDP-Putra Jaya-MRR2-Gombak-MRR2-LDP-Subang Jaya.


Obviuosly, to be able to attend all three weddings within the stipulated time, planning and timing is of the most importance! People do state on the invitation card "dari jam 12.00pm hingga 4pm, so you wouldn't want to be arriving later than that and had to contend with the caterers packing up their stuff right ?

The first wedding was at a hall in Kelana Jaya. I arrived there at approximately three minutes to twelve, so my timing looks good so far. Lucky for me, there were other guest who were already there, so I won't look too akward waiting for the buffet line "officially" commence! (by the way, I miss those weddings where they have people who brings you the tray of "lauk pauk" instead of you lining up at the buffet line. Blame it on the high labour cost!). Had my food (the acar buah is par excellent!) and after chit chatting with the family of the groom, I excused myself and made my way towards the second wedding.


The second wedding was at another hall in Putra Jaya, Dewan Serbaguna Precint 8 to be exact. It's actually a double wedding where the brother and sister decided to have a joint reception . I did not have any problem locating the hall as I am quite familiar with Putra Jaya. I arrived there slightly after one pm, therefore coinciding with the arrrival of the "pengantins". I met many of my family friends and relatives there and though already full from the food I ate, I couldn't resist the grilled chicken served with the"nasi briani". Stayed for another 20 minutes or so, and made my way for the third and final wedding of the day.


The third wedding was in Gombak, and it is held at the groom's house. The drive from Putra Jaya to Gombak was quite smooth sailing, owing to the light traffic on the road. I arrived there around 2.45pm. Spoke to the groom, the family and some friends and of course, had to "jamah" some food. 20 minutes later, I excused myself and made my way home.


Oh, the headache that I mentioned in the title? Well, I guess when you ate three servings of kenduri food, that is the typical result, heheh!

5 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Blogger Nazrah Leopolis said...

lauk kenduri does that to you. i too miss those big dulangs.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger nadya.s said...

akak nazrah,
nih 2nd cousin akak yg mana satu eh?

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Corporate Raider said...

Nadya,

nih second cousin akak nazrah yg ...... :)

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger nadya.s said...

yang?....

...ada attend wedding aak nazrah dulu tak? back in 2001?

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger nadya.s said...

ee...wedding akak nazrah..2002

 

Post a Comment

<< Home