Tuesday, June 07, 2005

AGM, BOD and all sort of acronyms...

I actually posted something yesterday but due to some faulty connection of the WiFi at Starbucks KLCC, somehow it never got published online. I was in KLCC for a meeting and well, I was writing about how suprisingly efficient the public transportation system in KL is that I actually arrived at KLCC early, hence the almost-made it blog entry of the wonders of KL public transport.


I am actually start to get worried about the funding issue. I am running out of time and the people I met so far are non-commital. Well, I am after all, asking them to part with their hard-earned half million ringgit and getting them to put their faith in me. If things continue this way, I'll take some drastic measure.... just can't let the company go under without a fight.


Ah, Boldy and Tommy.... I haven't been mentioning them enough of late. The company they are "ruining" (for simplicity's sake, lets just call it Tyrant Bhd (TB) ) is had their annual general meeting and board of directors meeting in the morning. I could only imagine the kind of crap Boldy and Tommy had presented to the board, their so-called "growth plan". Growth, my foot! With the staff being demoralized and resentment growing from top to bottom, I would call whatever plan they present a "grave plan"... yeah, that kind of grave where you bury the dead. I am honestly worried on the survival of TB. Although I no longer have any significant shareholding in the company, I guess I have some soft spot for it due to reasons only to be known by me :) Anyway, I do have my plans.... so, in due course we will see how long Boldy and Tommy will be able to practice their "tyrannical" management skills!


The AGM is a mere formality... out of the 200+ shareholders, barely 20 would turn up. That's the typical scenario in Malaysia, unless its held at a hotel and includes lunch! TB usually had theirs at the conference and it would be over in ten minutes. Refreshment would be served, of course, but no one wants to travel all the way to the state capital of Selangor just for two pieces of curry puff and a cup of lukewarm coffee, right ? I remembered attending an AGM of a large PLC and buffet lunch was served at the hotel's coffee house. Of course, all shareholders voted yes to all the motions, knowing that delaying the meeting would be delaying lunch!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home