Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The Flu Bug

It's been almost 20 days since I last updated my blog. I was down with the flu and this time it hit me pretty bad. No, I was not bedridden for twenty days... just that a combination of the flu and heavy workload sort of kept me away from my blog. My apologies for that.


By the way, I have discovered another alternative to my current WiFi hangout at Starbucks Carrefour Subang Jaya. Although by now almost the entire staff knows my name and what I like to drink, in this days of rising oil price and the likes, this java coffee can be quite hurtful on the wallet. Next to the Starbucks is a La Manila outlet and guess what, I could still get the WiFi signal here! Well, its not very strong but enough for me surf the net and reply my emails. For the same amount of price I pay for a cup of coffee at Starbucks, I can get a tall glass of Ice Lemon tea and a brownie. OK, the immediate affect would definitely be my waistline, hehehe, but at least it's friendlier to my wallet. The waiter (or is he aspiring to be a waitress, if you catch my drift!) is friendly so I guess it's not such a bad place after all. However, there is some ethical issue of course since technically Starbucks offers the free WiFi to its paying customer. Hmmm... have to ponder upon that for a while....


Anyway, I am recovering from my flu. I remembered when I was much younger it took me only a day to recover from a fever but not anymore. Its the sign of ageing, eh ? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home